Saturday, June 27, 2009

Untitled

Two days ago, as I was on the MRT on my way to attend a dinner, I saw a wheelchair-bound passenger
trying to board the train. Halfway in, part of the two side wheels sunk slightly into the gap between the train door and the commuter platform and he could not move further. I held the two sides of his wheelchair and tried to raise the wheelchair onto the train but it barely budged. There were a lot of strong and young people around and I expected someone to help but they just looked on. It was only when there were signals that the doors were closing did one person came forth and pull the wheelchair backward onto the platform. There's something seriously wrong.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm happy that I've roughly found my research topic after reading books, a number of journal papers and sitting down to think. I'm currently refining my topic. My professor has been supportive and encouraging. After each meeting (so far three), I learn something new and I'm motivated to clock more mileage. I was also right to drop my special term module. After doing so, I'm much happier and less stressed.

No comments: